Friday, February 5, 2010

A New Squirrel-Proof Suet Feeder


Late yesterday, UPS delivered a new upside-down squirrel-proof bird feeder.  Before the sun disappeared over the bluffs, I filled it with a peanut butter suet cake and hung it from from the pole outside my kitchen window.

When I got up this morning, it was snowing.  Birds were everywhere.

Everywhere but on my new feeder.

Okay.  I'm impatient.  I admit it.

Eventually a downy woodpecker will find it.  Before I could finish that thought, it became a reality.  Just like that - a female downy woodpecker gave it a try.

I like this feeder.  It's easy to fill and easy to clean (it fits in my dishwasher).  The big birds can access it and it's easy on the eyes.  It does a great job protecting the suet from dust, dirt and bird droppings.

While I don't have a squirrel challenge, I know what they can do.   I can't see squirrels getting to this one.

Want to see more feeders like this?  Check out the ERVA products catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment