Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 Toyota Prius Brakes

I've read reports that there's a problem with the brakes on the 2010 Prius.

I purchased my new Prius in August, 2009.  I drove it out to Wyoming and back (highway speeds) and I drive it in city traffic (stop and go).  I've put nearly 10,000 miles on it.

I don't have snow tires, so I've been reluctant to drive it in the snow.  But when I do, I haven't had any problems.  In fact, I haven't had any problems in snow, ice, rain or traffic.  And I get 50-60 mpg regularly.

I keep my eye on the dashboard graphs - and I drive in the ECO range - conservatively.

My only complaint is the low undercarriage clearance (I've hit more than my share of potholes on the roads out here in rural Wisconsin).

I do, however, plan to watch out for the brakes, until I hear otherwise...

No comments:

Post a Comment